I. Loveless Ministry v.1-3
- Can u imagine trying to do ministry without the right heart empowered by God?
- Why is this true? - These ministry actions are meant for others who will never receive them because they are not flowing from a heart of love - It was God’s love that caused Him to act and it should be the same for us
- Remember, love always sees the other person - Without it these actions become about us and not what God intended
- Love frees the spiritual power of what God has given you
II. Love Defined v.4-7
-So, what is love and how does it affect the above actions? Love is:
- Look at the difference when we apply love to the actions listed here:
- Love makes a real difference because it sees others
III. Success in Ministry v.8-13
- He sets the tone for this final section when He says, “Love never fails”
- Gifts & understanding without His empowering will fail and come to an end because without love they are incomplete - Love completes them and they accomplish the purpose for which He gave them
- He gives two examples that demonstrate what He means by “partial”
- In context the perfect referred to is not Jesus (even thou He is perfect) its love
- The reason love never fails is because when it joins with our gifts we become powerful tools in the hand of God to bring reconciliation & not division - That’s the power of love!